Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busy Busy Toddler

Molly is doing well and keeping us very busy. She is walking extremely well and I am now even "comfortable" letting her walk around the house (with her walker) while I'm in the laundry room - a huge step for us!!

She is definitely a 2 year old and is testing the limits sometimes every few minutes. She has found that hitting me gets my attention, so that tends to be the way that she chooses to act out. I tried doing time-out, but as soon as the time-out was over and I went to talk to her about why she was in time-out she would hit me again and ask for another time out. Clearly, this was not an effective punishment for her!! We have now started putting her toys in time-out for the day, which is working for the moment, but I think it is only a matter of time before she is no longer affected by this.

She is big into being a princess (Tinkerbell and Ariel are her favorite) and/or a ballerina and prefers to wear a tutu everyday. We have been on and off with the potty. She goes when I put her on, but right now she is fighting me when I try to put her on. She is also battling when I try and change her diaper, wash her face, brush her teeth, get her dressed, brush her hair.... you get the idea :).

She is getting more and more comfortable on her feet and is standing without support for 5-30 seconds. She is also starting to try and climb and reach up high for things, which is rather scary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim and Sara,

I'm glad to see Molly is up and at it! You may not know, but Jenn(my fiance) and I periodically check in on the blog to see how things are. Anyway, it is that time for me and I tried calling Jim, but the number I have is disconnected. I need your guys' address to send out a wedding invite. Jenn and I are getting married 10/11/08 and would love it if you can attend. I know you guys have your hands full so even if you cannot make it, I at least want to get you an invite. We truly hope you could make it - it is going down in the quad cities, not too far from Jim's home town. Jim or Sarah drop me an e-mail with your guys' contact info at : douglaspacaccio@yahoo.com
All the best,

Doug Pacaccio