Tuesday, February 10, 2009

She's crawling!

Molly is one amazing little girl.  She broke her femur less than 3 weeks ago and she is now crawling!  Not very often or very long distances, but nonetheless she is crawling!

She had X-Rays last week and they showed that the bone is starting to heal and he gave us the OK to take the splint off.  She had her Pamidronate Infusion on Friday and Saturday.  About halfway through her first day of the infusion Molly became hyper and super happy, like we had just pumped her full of a bunch of sugar!  She started crawling soon after that.  Boy do we love that Pamidronate!  She has definitely been feeling better since getting her infusion.   She is not on any pain medication at this point and I think a lot of that has to do with her infusion.

We have our meeting with Wake County public schools on Friday to talk about her preschool and I am hopeful that they have found a good placement for her.  

She seems to have stopped napping at the moment, which has made for very long days.  I don't think she stopped talking for more than a minute all day yesterday - I am exhausted!!  Jim went to San Diego from Friday through Sunday to celebrate Nanno's 90th birthday, so I was going solo this weekend.  We really missed Jim and I was again reminded of my great respect for single parents!!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah!

Tara Koza here (Kaitlyn's mom from Dunn PT). I was just asking Pam how Molly is doing. She mentioned that Molly has had a rough time lately, and she gave me your blog address. I hope that's okay!

What a tough little cookie Molly is for enduring all that she has. It sounds like she's on the way to recovery, which is good news. Also, I really loved seeing her snow pictures - how cute!!!

I'm also glad that I found your blog so I can FINALLY thank you for the thoughtful gifts you gave Kaitlyn when we left NC! We still think of Molly all of the time when Kaitlyn is using her super pink basket on her walker.

We'll continue to keep Molly in our thoughts, and I'll be checking your blog to track her progress. Please tell her "hi" from her old friend Kaitlyn!

Hope you're enjoying the warm weather down there!!!

Tara