Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Already back at school!

It has been a long few days. Molly and I walked to school yesterday to visit for snack time and it really seemed to lift her spirits and get her back in the swing of things. She was able to go in for the full (8-11) day today.

Molly has some remarkable strengths that are really starting to develop - one of which is recovering quickly for big fractures. She told me today that she likes flowers as much as I like babies... communicating with analogies is something my family did ad nauseam and something Jim and I have made a regular habit out of and now Molly is following suit. She has been interested in a particular Richard Scarry Busytown book about Huckle having an operation and visiting the hospital. She can now "read" the book cover to cover with only a few cues to start off a paragraph here and there! I have video taped her reading it, but it is 8 minutes long, so we'll see if Jim gets it posted or not. After reading it she asked Jim to ask her the definition of relieved and then went on to give him a correct definition - too funny.

1 comment:

Mmoris said...

that's courage! .