Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"The Best Day Ever"

Molly got glasses on Friday!  She picked them out herself (pink) and as we drove in the driveway she said "I can see the house so much clearer!... This is the BEST day ever."  What a wonderful thing to hear!  They clearly are helping a lot because she hasn't asked to take them off at all and reminds us as soon as she wakes up.

We have planted a garden together and things are starting to sprout.  I think at this point she isn't that interested, but I'm hoping once things are ready to pick she will get excited again.  We planted corn, which I've never planted before, tomatoes, tomatillos, green beans, cucumbers, pumpkins and watermelon.  Can't wait to have some things to harvest!

We are starting to get excited about the OI conference in July in Portland, OR.  I am working on possibly getting the splinting guy from Maine to come and present at the conference.  I am also trying to come up with some ideas for sports and field day options that we could either demonstrate or at least have in printed form for parents.

I am also trying to create a "summer camp" for Molly.  I have a couple of other families interested and it will probably be at my house.  I think the camp will only be one step above a play date, but I think we could have some fun doing some science and arts and crafts activities etc.

3 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Molly looks great in her pretty pink new glasses! I'm glad to hear that she loves them! Woo! Sounds like you are super busy! I wish we could make it to the conference this year, it's just not in the budget... hopefully in 2012! Have fun!!!

John Lawrence Sullivan said...

I was searching the web for information on Osteogenesis Imperfecta and came across your website. My brother, James Patrick Sullivan, had this condition and died at the age of 3 in 1960. Back then, the doctors thought it was so rare a condition they really did not know much about it. My parents discovered later in life when tracing their ancestry that their blood lines converge to two brothers back in the 1600’s. They concluded that was the orgin of the recessive genes.

Lately, I've been creating a family tree and I've gone back five generations so far. Since you are a "Sullivan" and Molly has this condition also, I'm wondering if we are related.

- John Lawrence Sullivan

Z said...

Good luck with the camp. She looks great in her glasses.