Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Arm fracture again

Molly hurt her left arm again today while playing at a friends house. Sarah was able to hear the fracture when it happened, which was very upsetting.

It was unfortunate because we had switched cars the day before, and I (Jim) forgot to switch the splints/medicine/slings back into the minivan before I went to work. Sarah was able to get Molly into the car, and I met her at the Dr's office for xrays.

Much to our surprise, the fracture in St. Louis 3 weeks ago was a much bigger fracture than we had realized. Molly is such a tough kiddo that she just fought right through it. So in the xrays there is a three week old fracture at the top of the left humerus, and the new fractures more down towards the middle.

Molly is clearly trying to cope with the pain right now, but the Dr thinks she should start feeling a bit better in a couple days.

Here are the fractures:


4 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Ouch! Hope she feels better soon! Don't you just hate it when you are without the break kit?! Ugh! I've become Macgyver a few times turning magazines and shoelaces into splints but nothing beats the real deal supplies!

Corrie said...

I just spent two days reading through your blog, after finding it through research at work. I'm so impressed at how you handle Molly's condition, and I love how cheerful she always seems. After reading through medical journals that strip any personality out of the patients they are discussing, it's wonderful to read about the joy and cheerfulness with which you all live. I hope she heals soon, and continues to stay bright, bubbly and optimistic.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon to Molly

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah and Jim,
I stumbled across your blog and have been captivated by it. Your strength is incredible, and Molly is just the cutest little gem! I love her videos and hearing her talk! Best Wishes to all three of you!
xox
Emilie, 22, Australia

P.S, I would be really interested to know how tall Molly is - any chance of a height update? Thanks!