Thursday, March 14, 2013

Surgery recovery


A few minutes ago, Molly asked me if I had updated everyone on her recovery accomplishments.  :)

Last night, Molly started sitting up in bed on her own.  This morning, she was able to go down to the lobby in a wagon for the first time.  While she was out in the wagon, she got to see several dogs that were visiting our floor.  Molly loved the painted nails on this dachshund named Roxy, pictured above.  (Sarah and Molly remembered her from a previous hospital trip)

Eventually, the pain got to be too much for Molly while we were out of the bed, so we rushed her back for some more pain meds.  She is comfortable in bed watching a movie now.

Molly has continued to charm everyone here with her nice manners, and sweet personality.  (and her 6 month old brother Paul flirts with all the nurses every time he goes in the elevator)

2 comments:

Lyss said...

So glad Molly's doing better! I hope she gets well soon! I saw she requested silly stories so here I go: I was about 2 when my sister was born, and the first time I got to see her, I shouted "mommy daddy, you bought me a baby!!!" I was completely convinced that my parents had gone to the baby store and gotten me my very own baby! I decided to name her Alexis Chair...luckily for my sister her middle name is not Chair, but I was rather disappointed that she wasn't my baby...but we're best friends now, so it all worked out!

Joe said...

Here's a funny story for Molly. When I was a little kid (maybe 6 years old?) I liked to play in my Dad's car. I would sit in the drivers seat, move the steering wheel, shift gears, etc. Well one day I was doing that with the car parked at the top of the hill we lived on. I must have released the emergency brake because the car started to roll down the hill...

With the car starting to roll faster and faster down the hill what did I do? Obviously I crawled over to the passenger side, opened the door, jumped out of the moving car, and rolled into the grass over and over!

I'm not sure what I was thinking diving out of that car and my parents were scared that I could have gotten hurt. I must have been watching too many TV shows with stuntmen diving out of cars. :) Fortunately I didn't get run over and the car rolled into the neighbors' ditch and was ok.

Hope you're feeling better Molly!