Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A New Surgery Date

Molly is getting more and more active by the day. On Friday I went in to get her in her crib and was surprised to find her up on her knees (vertical)! YIKES! We came down stairs and she immediately used her toy bin to pull up again. Yesterday, she crawled over to my legs and pulled up on her knees and when I looked down she wasn't even holding on to anything! SCARY!

I sent an email to our surgeon and expressed my concerns and asked if he thought it was reasonable to consider pushing her surgery date up. He thought that there was a good chance that she would be fine until the end of May, but that it was also reasonable to look into changing her date.

I spoke with his nurse today and rescheduled her surgery for April 20 - 3 weeks from this Friday!

We have a lot to get in order between now and then, but I am feeling better knowing that her surgery is that much closer.

We will be working hard to keep her safe between now and the 20th - keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Jen Kimball said...

This just proves that you can't keep a good girl down!!!! She is too much. Is your hair gray yet?? Hang in there. I know the surgery trip cannot get here too soon. We are all rooting for a smooth transition to Omaha and a speeding, uneventful recovery. Much love, Mum xxoo