Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Photos Galore




Jim's Mom (Gram) was just here for a visit and Molly had a wonderful time. It had been a couple of months and Molly recognized her right away! It was good to see her comfortable with someone other than Jim and I

She has been crawling and "climbing" around like a mad woman. She has started crawling up and over things back and forth repeatedly and seems quite proud of herself. It is scary, but once she has done something a few times I feel more comfortable backing off and letting her explore. It is hard to find a balance between protecting her and letting her develop.

We went to a music class today to see if it she would enjoy it and she LOVED it!! At the end of each song she would say "more" - it was so cute. She wanted me to pick her up to dance and she even played the instruments. We have signed up for the classes for the Fall and I am really looking forward to having an appointment that isn't therapy and a place where there will be lots of kids for her to watch and hopefully play with. She has become very interested in other kids and I am trying to find a few kids that we can get together with.

There are a ton of new pictures posted online CLICK HERE to see them.


She is slowly using more of her words spontaneously, mostly food related :), and seems to understand a tremendous amount. Our PT and one of our water therapists are on vacation and it has been so nice this week not having to drive out to UNC (1 hour each way). I am going to have to find a way to find someone to come to us or simply cut down on her appointments. She has been pretty good lately at pushing her limits all by herself.

She still is not wanting to stand for any prolonged period (only a few seconds at a time), but she seems to be doing OK otherwise. She has her next infusion at home this weekend and hopefully that will go smoothly with our insurance. We got a letter stating that it would be covered, but until it has actually been submitted and paid for I won't rest easily.

1 comment:

Miss Melanie said...

OMG... She is breathtakingly beautiful! What a cutie!!! My son has OI Type 3/4. He is eight years old. Has rods in both femurs. Has been in about ten body casts. His legs are the weakest bones. He walks, runs, plays with the other kids and just finished his second season of TBall. He played third base first season and pitcher the second season. Very proud of him. Would love to talk with you more about what you are doing for your daughter. I have been out of touch for a while because my computer crashed and could not afford another one until now. My husband and I divorced about three years ago so it is just me and my son. Please contact me at melanieannesmith@gmail.com THANKS