Thursday, November 15, 2007

Walking and Talking Oh My!





Molly is doing well. She is suddenly having rapid development with verbal communication and has become quite the little parrot. She is repeating almost everything we say. Her favorites are: "Mama/Dada Sit", "Beep Beep Howie" (while she drives her cars around the house -regardless of whether Howie is in the way or not), "Here it is", "I See You", and "Da da da Dora" (her favorite show).

She started counting today for the first time. She looked at Jim and counted 1,2, 3 with her fingers, but then wouldn't/couldn't repeat it. She counted some toys as she put them in and out of a box, but used jumbled the numbers 1-6 in random orders :).

We are hoping to get everything together tomorrow so that we can submit our request to the insurance company for Molly's wheelchair. It is hard having to wait until they approve it to go ahead and order it. We are preparing for the fact that they are going to deny our first request and that we are going to have to submit multiple applications. I know it will all be worth it in the end :). Here is a video of her driving the chair at the hospital. Her first real indoor trial:




We met with another OI family yesterday with a 9 month old and had a nice time. We met at the Mall and Molly got to see Santa for the first time. She was a bit hesitant, but was willing to ride up to him since he had a stuffed reindeer she could pat. She also got to ride her first carousel (on a bench not a horse) and loved it. I wish I had remembered the camera :(. While we were in the mall she asked to walk, I hadn't brought her walker with me, but she walked holding my hands all around a couple of stores. I was amazed at how much she did. Today was no different! We went with another little girl and Molly walked all around the store. I was amazed!

Molly has her first chore: to feed Howie. Here is a video:

No comments: