Thursday, May 29, 2008

An amazing recovery

I took the splint off on Tuesday morning to check for sores.  She screamed and begged for me not to touch it, but once I got it off she said it felt better and she didn't want a wrap on it - I was not prepared for that.  We went to the orthopedists Tuesday and had x-rays taken.  It seemed that it was a minor fracture since she was comfortable without the wrap on, but she wasn't able to pinpoint where the fracture was so we wanted to make sure it wasn't in her pelvis and that her rods were OK.  Nothing showed up on the x-ray, which isn't a surprise, but is a good sign that it is only a crack and not a big fracture.  We came home and she started crawling!  She asked "Is this OK?" and when I told her she could do whatever she wanted since she would know what hurts and what doesn't.  Well, she stood right up after hearing this!  This is what Dr. Esposito predicted, but of course I thought he was being far to optimistic.  I'm glad he was right.

Certain movements and especially twisting still cause her pain and unfortunately I haven't been able to predict what will hurt and what won't.  We went to PT today and she walked around quite a bit with her walker for the first time since Sunday.  She wasn't quite as fluid as on Sunday, but seemed to being amazingly well.

We are very excited.  Sesame Street Live is coming to town and we just got tickets for Saturday.  I think Molly is going to have a ball!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Molly is doing well. You guys will love Sesame Live. It was great!