Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Surgery Tomorrow - Wed. the 17th

Molly is scheduled for her dental surgery around 10:30 tomorrow morning. We are all quite stressed to be putting her through another surgery, but we know it is necessary. She complained of her back molars hurting when she was eating, which just makes us feel that much more confident.

We took some pictures this evening of her teeth and will post them - probably after the surgery as a before and after. Her top front will be white and he is going to try and make the bottom front white as well, but the rest will all be metal. It will be such a big improvement from her current teeth that some metal in her mouth isn't such a big concern.

She has a cold now, which has had me nervous - I don't want them to have to postpone, but I think it will be OK. I have been giving her as much Jello, popsicles, and juice boxes as her little body can handle in hopes of keeping her cold under control. Yesterday she had had enough Jello and starting playing with it... I decided to let it go and let her play a bit... next thing I know she is saying "look Mommy... lotion" and is smearing red jello all over her face!! I was worried that she would have a slight red tint that I would have to explain, but it wiped right off :).

We are hoping to be coming home tomorrow night, which will be a very different experience than her last two surgeries. I am hoping she will be in very minimal pain and will be easily distracted with TV and toys, but we will have to wait and see.

Please think of Molly and hope for a successful and uneventful surgery.

I think she knows that something is going to happen, but not in any detail. When we went for her last surgery in Omaha we brought Dr. Esposito a couple of "jibbitz", which pop into Crocs (which he wears in the OR). We went to the same toy store today and Molly said - I want to get a present for the doctor - I cannot believe the things she remembers!! Dr. Wright (the dentist) will be getting a Sleeping Beauty "jibbit" tomorrow :).

Heading to bed now for an early wake-up.

1 comment:

Nancy Norris said...

you're all in our prayers!
love, Nan