Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Ready for Surgery


We are now in what Molly used to call the "boring room" getting ready for surgery.

The schedule is running behind, but she should go in sometime in the next hour.

We are expecting it to be a 6 hour surgery, and then another hour until we see her again.

We'll be updating this post with new news as we get it.

[10:30 central time]  Molly is back for surgery.  We will be doing a new rod in her left tibia, left femur, and left humerus.  (all of her left leg, and upper arm)  He will also correct the coxa vara on the left femur.

[Noon central time]  We just got an update.  Surgery officially got under way around 11.  They are still working on the right femur right now.  Everything is still going as planned.

[1:30pm central time] The femur is now finished.  Moving on to the tibia now.  They will be checking back in after another hour.  Everything is going well so far.

[3:30pm central time]  We just talked to Dr Esposito.  The left leg is finished.  She is running a bit of a temperature, so we're going to wait and see if she cools down before taking on the left arm.  We told Dr. E to just make the judgement call based on how things look.

[4:00pm central time]  Just got another update.  We are going to go ahead and do the Left arm (humerus).  The surgery should be finished in an hour or so.

[5:15pm central time]. The surgery is finished! We just talked to Dr E, and he thought everything went well.  Molly is still sleeping.we should be able to see her in about an hour.

And in other news, the airline has found our 2 bags, and one of the car seats.

Now we're just hoping for as pain free a night is possible.

[8:20 pm central time] We are up in a room.  Molly is doing well.  She is having some pain, but it is being fairly well managed at the moment.  She is resting right now, which is a great sign.  Fingers crossed things continue in the right direction.  Thanks to you all for your messages of support and concern.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck Molly! Will be thinking of you, sending good thoughts and energy your way!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Molly,
I want to share something with you :). Yesterday was very very cold night here in NC, arctic wortex is pushing the cold here! very fancy name for the very cold weather. I was coming home, it was dark, I was tired, my hands were full of grocery bags. I am calling my naughty boys to come help me, but they are ignoring me since they were playing x-box. As i am walkign up the strairs (I live on the second floor), here comes out of nowhere very cute puppy, it was a lab boy. He followed me upstairs and the minute I opened the door, he ran inside and jumped on top of Radi (my oldest boy), who got scared so much, he screamed and ran. It was so funny, I laughed for a long time, Radi did not think it was funny, I thought it was since if he helped me out with groceries then he did not had to get scared. LOL! The puppy had a collar with the ohone number. So we called and the owner was very happy and grateful to find his puppy. Nobody wanted him to spend this cold night outside. My boys were very sad to give him back, they wanted to keep him! I SAID NO!!!
Anyway hope you are doing fine and I missed you.
Hugs, Ms. Fawzy

Anonymous said...

Hi Molly,

This is Mr. Joe. I heard about your surgery. You are very brave and I'm proud to have you as a friend. I wanted to give you a big hug and say I hope you feel better soon. Sarah and Kate also send you a big hug.

I was telling Taiki the dog about your day and she started licking me in the face and would not stop! I think she wanted me to let you know that she sends you lots of face licks! I am sure Howie would do the same.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better soon. I bet you'll be feeling right as rain before you know it. :)

Love,
Mr. Joe, Mrs. Sarah, baby Kate, Taiki dog, Oates cat, and Cammer cat.

Ruth Nash said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope Molly has A good night & I hope you can get some sleep too, you must be exhausted. Thanks for the updates.

Dottie said...

Thanks for the updates. Glad to hear everything went as planned and Dr E was able to get her humerus rodded as well. Hoping for great pain control the next few days. Great news about the luggage too. Hope it gets to you soon. Take care.

Anke said...

Hi Sarah, I'm glad the surgery went well and I hope you'll be able to control the pain afterwards and head back as soon as possible. I hope your way back will be much easier than flying out. Tell Molly that ALL of the winter has accidentally gone to America and we don't have any here.
All our best wishes to her and you and a big hug from all 6 of us! Take care, Anke