Friday, August 04, 2006

"Be Prepared"


I was caught off-guard on Wednesday. Molly and I went swimming and had a wonderful time. The water was 92 and Molly LOVED it. At the end of our "swim session" she started crying. I got her out of the pool and she really started letting me know that something was not right. I was dripping wet and by myself and felt helpless. I dried off as quickly as I could so that I could pick her up and comfort her. She seemed fussy, but I wasn't sure that it was a fracture. I rushed home to assess what was going on. She started crying hysterically and I was pretty sure this meant a new fracture. I panicked and realized that I was not prepared and scrambled to call Jim and my Mom. I gave her some Motrin and just held her. If I moved at all she screamed. In the past, screaming with a change of position was further confirmation of a fracture. After 45 minutes of holding her and soothing her, mixed with her crying, she seemed to be better. I wasn't sure if this was because the Motrin had kicked in, or what, but I was happy to see her more comfortable.

It is hard to know what happened, but it seems that whatever it was she has recovered from it. I am happy that she is doing so well, but it heightens my anxiety for the next fracture.

Molly has been quite vocal these past few days and seems to be a little squealer :). I think that she is going to be talking up a storm in no time - she has A LOT to say!

The weekend is just about here and I am looking forward to time as a family.

No comments: