Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dada!

It's official... she is now, without question, calling Jim "Dada". Hooray! She is quite excited about it as well. She has been working on a lot of "D" sounds and been saying dada for a while, but now it definitely seems deliberate when she sees him. I know my time will come. She so wants to be saying more, but it seems to be a bit slow going for her at the moment.

I have been talking to her about what different animals say and she listens intently, but hasn't been able to produce any of the sounds. I have tried several different sounds for dog and finally tried a dog panting and she latched right on. For the rest of the book she "panted" at each page - adorable!

She continues to progress with her sitting and sat today with nothing to help support her without much trouble. I look forward to her getting to a point where I'm not right there worrying so much.

No comments: