Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Molly!



Wow - Molly is 1!!

We have been reliving last years events at this time, mostly with fondness. It is hard to believe it's already her first birthday. It certainly has been a rollercoaster ride this past year, but we are in a much better place today than we ever would have predicted a year ago.

We have had such a good year with this little cutie. She is one fun little girl.

We had around 20 people here to celebrate the big day. I felt very lucky to have so many people here to sing and celebrate with us.

It is hard to think back to those first few months and how stressful and scary they were. We spent the first month thinking that she was deaf, which was an added stress that we certainly didn't need. I think I will always remember sending out the email with the subject of "She Can Hear". We had celebratory cake that night!!

There have been lots of adjustments to make and certainly our share of difficult times, but for the most part I feel very fortunate for the year that we have had with her. There are lots of families that have been far less fortunate that we have and that is not lost on me for a moment.

Our toughest times are ahead and it is hard to have that looming, but I am trying to appreciate the way things are now as best I can. Her biggest challenges are the slow changes that will occur to her spine and the issues that come along with that.

We are lucky to have such overwhelming support from our friends and family. I hope you all know how much we appreciate everything you have done for us this year. I don't know what we would have done without the help and support you have all given us.

I wasn't sure if today would be a happy or sad day for us and I am happy to report that it was 100% happy :). We feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful baby and such supportive friends and family to help us with the bumps we hit along the way.

There more photos from her birthday CLICK HERE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Molly. That cake sure looks delicious!!!