Friday, January 05, 2007

Lots to Report

I have been meaning to record all of Molly's happenings, but haven't found the time until now.

Things are going well here in NC. Molly has been so happy and fun lately.

She is sitting up in her bath now. We have transitioned to the big bath tub, which she seems to enjoy.

She says Dada, Doggie (or something like it), she is signing more when she wants to eat or wants more of something. She signs milk, pick me up and lays back if she wants me to pick her up. She is looking more intently at the pictures in books and gets particularly excited to see pictures of ducks (yellow ones), bunnies (she makes her hand hop) and teddy bears (she has one she sleeps with now). Her level of comprehension seems quite good. I am looking forward to her being able to communicate more, but I know that will come in time.

We had an appointment with her OT this week and they did a test (Bailey test I think) to see where she was in her development. She did pretty well. They scored her and she is in the 10 month level with the things they tested her for. She did some things at a 13 month level, but still has some catching up to do in other areas. Obviously she is delayed in her gross motor skills, but that is to be expected. We're doing what we can for now and I know she will be advancing at lightning speed in the coming months. She is already changing so much from day to day and certainly from week to week.

We went to the pool today and she did some standing on my legs, which was fun but scary. She still keeps some of the weight on my hand, but puts more than she does out of the water on her legs.

The past few days have been our best ever. I'm not sure what has made them so good, I guess it's a combination of things. She is interacting with the world so much more than she was even last week. She has been really happy and has enjoyed playing games and just looking at things around the house.

She got a Fisher Price Farm set and school bus (with Little People) for Christmas and they have been a big hit. She opens and closes the doors and takes the animals/people out and seems quite proud of herself.

She clapped her hands (no sound) for the first time yesterday, which was a big deal for us. She seems to be entering a stage where copying us is becoming more commonplace.

It is hard to believe that she is going to be 1 next week! It is exciting to be moving into a new phase with her.

On a different note. My friend's 22 month old son with OI fractured his femur two nights ago and has his first cast. This has certainly made my growing anxiety more real. There is the stress of figuring out how to get them home with a Spica cast on (that is a cast that goes from the ankle to the armpit). You also have to figure out how to do everything else: diaper changing, feeding, playing, bathing etc. We were hours before it happened, brainstorming what we will do when the dreaded fracture happens. I know you can never be prepared for something like that, but I feel especially unprepared right now. Hopefully I can get my act together and get more of this stuff figured out in time.

There are several new pictures since Christmas. Click HERE to see the latest picture (at the bottom of the page).

There are also a couple of new videos:
1. Molly at her Highchair CLICK HERE
2. Molly sitting in the tub CLICK HERE

No comments: