Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Field Trip

We took our first "field trip" out of the room today. She asked me to pick her up. I assumed she would cringe when I started to try, but she did very well. I held her as long as my arms to could manage and then we placed her in a wagon for a trip around the floor. We visited the playroom and she seemed to really perk up playing with some toys.

She tired quickly and is now napping, but whimpering a bit in her sleep.

She took some pain medication orally, which is a good sign, but isn't drinking or eating more than a sip yet today.

The plastic velcro strips that keep her ace wraps on have rubbed her a bit raw in a couple of areas. We were so focused on the big stuff we didn't dare move her for things as simple as this. I look forward to all of this being "water under the bridge".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Molly is doing a little better this afternoon. Nick was asking about her. Thanks again for the updates.

Ruth said...

Hi Sarah,Jim and Molly, What a time you are having, poor little pumpkin, poor you, you must be exhausted. We have been thinking about you all day, thank you for all the detailed updates. I hope you all have a better night tonight. Olivia won't go to bed so is here next to me, I asked her if she would like to send a message to Molly here it is "Molly you are a good girl"! now she just asked if we could write to Howie! does he have his owm blog? Please give Molly a kiss for us and tell her we look forward to seeing her soon. Hope you all get some rest, Ruth

Anonymous said...

I am amazed and impressed that you have had time to post updates. Thank you. It's wonderful for all of us who have you in our thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you got at least a small outing today and hope that it's the first step on a quick road to recovery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sullivan Family!
We've been out of town since the kids are tracked out, but you've been on my mind. I remember hearing about Molly's upcoming procedure. I just finished reading the updates since you've been gone. WOW!!! You've all been through a lot in the past several days. Molly is such an amazing little trooper!!! As hard as it must be to see her be uncomfortable, the glimpses of her little 'old self' must really lift you up. I'm glad to hear you're seeing those. Keep up the good work...ALL of you!!! We look forward to seeing you when you return home. Everything here has absolutely busted out in bloom and it's supposed to be over 70 by the end of the week. It'll surely be good weather to be out taking a stroll when you get back. Until we see you, you'll be in our thoughts. Love, Janine, Dave, Zack and Courtney