Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Three Tired Sullivans

Molly was up and eating a popsicle last night, which had us hopeful for a good night, but her pain was not really in control for most of the night. She dozed off for 5-20 minutes at a time and then would wake up crying and asking for one of us. We took turns patting her and holding her hand for most of the night.

The Morphine made her itchy, but seemed to help at least a little with her pain. She is now ornery enough that we can't really give her her oral medicines and getting a temperature was impossible. I think she is feeling out of control of things and this is a way for her to be in control.

We are waiting for Dr. Esposito to come and check on her and maybe he will have a suggestion that will make a difference.

She has complained a few times that she has hurt her knee, which I am assuming is when she makes a small movement with her leg.

Hopefully she will begin to feel better by this evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I have a daughter who is 2 with OI type III she is currently recovering from having the tops of her legs pinned, she also requires the tibia pinned. I really can't believe how similar my daughter is to Molly especially in looks. It has been great to read your blogs your website is great. I just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot how Nicholas was after his last surgery. Just remember everything gets better in these next 12-24 hours. I think we watched the same 2 videos for 30 hours straight:-) Hope her pain is under control today and she can enjoy reading some books and playing bubbles. Call me if you need a moment away.

Dottie