Sunday, March 09, 2008

Toddlerhood

Molly is doing well, but keeping us on our toes. She has started testing the limits and continues to do things we have asked her not to. I caught her throwing peas on the floor for the dog. I asked to please not throw the peas and then stood back and watched her little hand pick up a pea and drop it to the floor. I took the plate away and said "Mommy asked you not to do that" and she replied "But I do it" - charming. I had to walk away to hide my laughter.

She has been bringing more and more stuffed animals and dolls with her to bed. She has been bringing "Ashley" to bed and the other night said that Ashley wanted to sleep with her bunny, but that she did not want to share it with her. This continued for several nights - too funny.

Today we did some gardening together, which was very fun. I looked over and she said "clean my mouth" - she had tried eating some dirt I went back to gardening and then heard her starting to gag and noticed dirt all around her mouth. This afternoon while out for a walk she announced, out of the blue, that "I don't want to eat dirt" - hopefully a lesson learned :)

She seems to be over the stomach flu and I think her leg is not bothering her as much. She is cruising around the house and using the walker a little bit as well.

We are in a new phase where she only wants me all the time and it is exhausting for me and frustrating for Jim. We are hoping this will be a short-lived phase.

Here is a link about a woman of 28.5 inches with OI recently gave birth to an 18" baby CLICK HERE. It is wonderful to see stories like this. There is a video of the mother on the right hand side of the article.

No comments: