Thursday, January 21, 2010

4 and Still Fragile

I am having a hard time today. Molly fell last night and we're not sure what she has broken, but it seems like it is her right tibia (lower leg - again) and she is complaining of pain in her bottom, which is either her tailbone or a lower spine compression fracture.

She slept in our room and after oxycodone and valium she seemed to sleep well. She was hesitant and was not willing to sit up completely. She has improved throughout the day and has even stood with her walking boot on for a little while. I am always torn as to how to handle things when it is unclear what is hurting her and how significant the pain is. She has a very big pain tolerance and she is also very determined. I guess I should let her do whatever she feels comfortable with, but it is hard not to worry.

We did not take Molly to school today. It was the right decision, but it has made for a very long day. I am now being nagged to the point that I cannot write anymore....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sarah,
Hi, Im marinelle from the philippines, I have a 2 mons old baby boy who has OI Type III, I was searching for the internet about this disorder, and I read this story of Molly, shes so cute and sees shes strong girl. I hope that my baby boy will be as strong as her. I hope you can give me some advises in taking care of my baby. God bless.