Saturday, June 17, 2006

Big Steps for Molly


Molly has hit some big milestones over the past couple of days. She has now said "Mama" several times and was even witnessed by her PT. She generally says it when she is unhappy and generally hungry, but is a great step in the right direction - hooray!

We gave her rice cereal for the first time this evening and she seemed to get the idea right off the bat. She didn't eat much tonight, but I think we will slowly introduce it more and more. Boy does time fly - I can't believe she is already 5 months old!!

I spent today at the pottery studio while my Mom and Jim watched Molly. I met them at lunch to feed her after she refused to take a bottle - she is quite the stubborn little thing :)

My Mom flies out Sunday morning to head back to Maine. It is nice having her here, so it is always hard to have her go. We will all be meeting up next month for the conference, which makes it all a little easier. We are so fortunate that she has been able to give us so much time and assistance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sending us a link to this blog. I have read the whole thing and will show it to Mike once he gets home. Molly is so cute and you guys are doing such a good job with an extremely difficult situation. She is lucky to have you for parents. Sorry we have been out of touch. (You have been in my thoughts frequently and in my prayers each night though.) I ended up having an attack the weekend of the reunion & had the gallbladder out at the end of May. After that I was down & out for about a week with another infection like the one I had in the hospital. I am finally feeling my oats so hopefully we can get together soon. We are out of town for the weekend so I will be in touch early next week. I would love to get the girls together.
Tricia Edmundson

Anonymous said...

Sarah - she is absolutely adorable. i am so glad for all of you that things went so well in bethesda. i love checking in on the blog to hear updates and see molly growing and changing through the photographs. it's a wonderful way to document your experiences and update us all on what you are learning about OI. lots of love to you, jim, molly and howie from sunny los angeles!