Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sleeping Beauty


We had a long night - up at 2:30, 5:00 and then up for good at 6 - but a great day. She was happy almost all day and took two naps, one for over an hour - unheard of!! Casey came over to visit and the two of us decided to take the risk and head out to run some errands. She was on her best behavior for the whole trip. We have some new bath toys to try out in the pool - I can't wait!

I fed her at Babies R Us and encountered the "How old is she?" question that seems to be the universal question we all ask. People look more and more surprised as time goes on when I tell them. She was in the 3rd percentile the past few doctors visits and I'm sure that will stay the same for a while and then eventually get worse. It is hard to have to explain to complete strangers why she is so tiny. I have heard from other OI parents of odd and insensitive responses, but feel fortunate not to have had that experience yet.


I had to use the boppy pillow for nursing, the last time I used it is when she had an audible fracture a few weeks ago - we think of the spine. I was anxious that something would happen because her spine tends to sag because the pillow isn't firm enough. I have ordered a stiffer one for the car to fix this. She was a bit fussy when we got home and now I spend time guessing whether she has a new fracture or is just being a fussy baby - PLEASE start talking soon! She is now sleeping - VICTORY - so I'm guessing all is fine.

We are working with Jim's company to put some pressure on the insurance company, hopefully we will hear soon. I spent another half hour on the phone with them and was told that the department that is working on the request does not have the "capability" to make or receive calls - are they working in a cave?? I hope to have a break soon from this very frustrating process. "Carina" will be watching over my case, but I can't have her last name or phone number, so I'm not sure how helpful that will be.

No comments: