Friday, June 09, 2006

Guess Who??


I was reflecting today on that we have been doing for Molly and I have decided that I am essentially her "general contractor". It is hard because I have no training or expertise to make me qualified for this. I am hoping that the doctor in Maryland might help coordinate her care and take over some of the responsibility. It would be nice to have someone with more experience leading this quest.

She is getting stronger it seems, or I'm at least feeling more comfortable handling her. We put socks on her for the first time in several months - a big step :). Her ankles are so weak and angled that I had been nervous in the past. I am hoping that my new view of her limitations is accurate and not just me being optimistic.

Up until recently, I was washing anything that touched the floor - even the carpet in our own house. I am finding myself relaxing about a lot of these things. I'm guessing this is because she seems older and more resilient. It is a nice place to be.

We are thinking about introducing cereal this weekend - a big step! We will of course take pictures of the big event. I have been trying to get more pictures to post, but she is very camera shy. I grab the camera to try and capture her talking and smiling, but the second she sees the camera she becomes silent and looks tentatively unsure of what it is, and more importantly what it is doing to her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sarah that has to be you! though molly looks so much like you, i wouldn't be shocked to learn that the picture is of her. molly is absolutely adorable. i LOVED the swimming pictures. i really hope i can get to meet her at thanksgiving. i love the blog. it's so nice to keep updated on all your news and developments. congratulations on hearing the good news from the insurance company.

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Wow! What a hairdo!