Friday, July 14, 2006

Bigger, Older, Stronger, Cuter

Molly had her 6 month birthday yesterday - WooHoo! She is getting to be quite the big girl :). She had her 6 month Dr. visit yesterday and is now weighing in at 12.5 lb. (which Jim guessed on the nose). She has been staying on the 3rd percentile growth curve, which is fine by us - hooray for growth. Her head is in the 50th percentile, so I guess it is rather large for her body - more space for a big brain :).

She has been absolutely adorable. She is happy playing by herself and is responding to us with a wiggle/shudder of joy. When she wakes up she can be happily left alone for minutes and sometimes as long as an hour plus. This is especially good when she wakes up at 4 am, which has been happening lately.

This blog has gone from a place for me to vent/process to a place to for me to brag :)

We had a great day today. I was able to go out to lunch with a friend and Molly was a champ in her stroller. We went swimming and were in there for 30 minutes and she loved it! She was the most active that she has been. Hopefully we will see some of this activity transfer to her out of water time as well. We have realized that we need to start strapping her into her stroller/high chair because it won't be long before she can wiggle her way out. I love this great progress.

We are getting ready for the conference - we leave on Wednesday. We have started getting into a good sleep routine, hopefully we will be able to reestablish this when we return. I am looking forward to getting a better handle on OI and what else we can be doing to improve Molly's life. I am also apprehensive about seeing the broad range of severity of the kids at the conference. I know we are going to learn a tremendous amount and I am looking forward to connecting with the families.

We have a lot left to do to prepare for our big trip, I can't believe it's next week! I feel so fortunate that we are able to go. I am also really grateful that our parents are all taking the time to go as well. One of my friends reminded me just how unique it is to have such overwhelming support from them. Molly is fortunate to have 4 grandparents who care so much for her. Nothing but the best for this little girl :).

Happy, Happy Joy, Joy!

No comments: