Monday, July 10, 2006

Food, Food, Molly Loves Food


I hope this trend continues, but for the moment Molly seems to enjoy mealtime. Rice cereal was first, followed by sweet potatoes. Both were a big hit. I tried avocado next, I'm not sure this one was her favorite. She took the first two bites no problem, but after that she just kept spitting most of it out. She let me give her spoonful after spoonful, but not much actually went down. I haven't tried it again, maybe tonight. I made butternut squash yesterday and she had that this morning. I think it might be her new favorite! She ate more than she has ever eaten :).

We seem to be getting into a better rhythm with her sleeping - hooray! She is now taking 3 naps a day and they last anywhere from 45 minutes to over 2 hours!! WOW! I have actually had time to get things done around the house. Bedtime seems to be getting better as well. She still cries, but after about 20 minutes she is out for the night. Most mornings she has been getting up at 7, but that seems to be getting earlier and earlier. Yesterday was 6, and today she started to stir at 4 (ugh), but didn't get up until 5:45. It is nice to finally feel like we have some clue what we are doing.

Molly continues to be a happy, and adorable, little baby. She is still trying to "talk" and the sounds keep changing, which I think is a good sign. I can't wait until she starts "talking" and saying mama, dada, lulu... whatever, just "talking".

Hooray for happy times in the Sullivan house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara this blog is great- Thanks so much for keeping it up. It's great things are going so well with all of you. Congrats on getting off codeine! Molly looks so big since I saw her last. I remember trying to find the "perfect" bedtime for Amanda, it took some clue seeking, but we figured it out. It's great Molly's sleeping through the night, even though it's not every night. It all counts. Keep the pictures coming, they're great!