Friday, May 11, 2007

Lots of Good Stuff

I am very excited... we went to our PT today for the first time in months and had a great visit. She was happy with Molly's current range of motion, which is a relief. She also found a stander (a big piece of equipment) that is small enough for her. We have to wait for the x-rays to give it a try, but it looks like it will work well. It will be nice to be able to borrow this big and expensive piece of equipment rather than having to fight with our insurance to get her this $1200+ thing that we won't need for that long of a period.

They also had a pre-wheelchair called a "Star Car" that we had tried her in months ago and was laughably too big for her. We put her in it today and she was pushing herself forward (only a few inches) within a few minutes. This was a huge accomplishment in my eyes!! She hasn't been mobile in almost 2 months, so this could be a great tool for her at the moment - hooray! They are letting us borrow it and we now have it at the house!! I can't wait to get her into it tomorrow. We will be sure to take picture and videos to share with you.

I also noticed a new "trick" of hers while we were there... The phone kept ringing in the room and I noticed that she kept putting her hand up to her ear. After about the 3rd time I was sure she was pretending to answer the phone - too funny!! Who knows if she has been doing this at home without me noticing, but I definitely noticed it there today :).

This has been a GREAT day with big steps forward for Molly - HOORAY!

No comments: