Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Splint Free and Loving It!!

We went to see our local orthopedist yesterday and they took some x-rays. He said that what Dr. Esposito accomplished was no easy task and thought that she was healing nicely. He didn't think the splints were necessary any longer and we were very happy to hear that! She hasn't had the splints on since yesterday afternoon and seems to be doing quite well.

We went and saw her PT this morning and she also thought that she is doing remarkably well for all that her legs have been through. We need to work on straightening her right knee and start encouraging her to reach over her legs and work towards crawling again!!

I put her in the "Star Car" (by Tash for those that might need one) today and she moved herself about 3 feet, which I thought was a big accomplishment. She doesn't love using it and would prefer that I bring her whatever it is she wants, but we will be working on getting her to start moving and getting things for herself as much as we can.

She has been trying to copy words that we say and we have been having a fun back and forth with different words. They don't sound exactly like the word we say, but she is getting there. Here is a video of her trying to say"Hi There" CLICK HERE I am hoping we will have more of these videos with better accuracy on her part in the coming days.

I am going to go on my first overnight trip away from Molly this weekend. It is my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary and the family is having a big celebration in CT on Sunday. I am excited to have a break, but nervous to be so far away. I am sure that she will be fine and she and Jim will have a great time together, but I am terrified nonetheless. I am planning on driving up on Saturday (a 9 hour drive) and then driving home on Tuesday. YIKES!!

I am looking forward to a few days away. I know that usually the parent's worry and the kids do fine, I'm just hoping that will be the case for Molly. I haven't ever been away from her for more than 12 hours and this will be a big jump.

I feel so fortunate to have Jim not only willing to take on this big responsibility, but also encouraging me to go and even convinced me to return on Tuesday instead of Monday! Molly and I are very lucky girls to have such a great Dad/husband.

1 comment:

Jen Kimball said...

The new video - Hi There! - is great. What fun to see her being such a cute mimic.
Mum