Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Wonderful Husband and Father

Molly is doing very well.

I drove to CT on Saturday and left Molly for the first time. I headed out before she woke up and I thought I would fall apart when I left, but I guess I was ready because I felt fine heading out on the road.

Molly and Jim had a great 4 days of bonding and she didn't seem to notice or care that I wasn't there, which was good. It is nice to know that I can go somewhere again and she will adjust to the situation without any problems. Jim did a wonderful job and took care of all of the aspects of Molly's care like a pro. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband that can take care of both Molly and I so well. I think they both had some great bonding time and I know I benefited greatly from my time away.

I had a great time in CT with my whole family to celebrate my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. It was good to see everyone and it was nice not having to worry about anyone but myself for a little while. I also visited my friend Bobbi and got to meet their new little boy, Logan, who is 7 weeks old as well as visit with their 3 year old Sam.

I drove back yesterday and was worried about how Molly would respond when she saw me. I have heard that sometimes kids will give you the cold shoulder after you have been gone for a while, but fortunately Molly was happy to see me and let me pick her right up.

Molly is still not crawling. We are waiting for Dr. Esposito, her surgeon, to receive her recent X-Rays so that we can talk about how she is doing. We're not sure if she isn't crawling because something is bothering her, or whether it is just going to take her some time to become mobile again. Her right leg still seems to be her weaker leg at this point. Last night she tried to crawl forward a few inches, but would only get up on to her left leg. We will wait to talk to Dr. Esposito to figure out what is going on there. Jim and I are still trying to prepare ourselves that there is a chance that Molly simply won't be able to stand. Her right leg is a bit shorter and still has some bowing, so we will just have to see how things go as she continues to heal and gets stronger.

There is a new video of Molly on the microphone toy




Amanda (our 10 year old neighbor with Type III OI) came over while I was away to play with Molly and they seemed to have a blast together. Amanda is wearing a "Wee Walker" because of 2 Tibia fractures. She and Molly seem to have a special bond and we are fortunate to have them so close by.

1 comment:

Melanie Parker said...

Your daughter is beautiful!

I found your blog while searching the internet for a Star Car. I am wondering if you could tell me where you were able to get one. You can email me at yourpamperedchef@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!