Monday, April 02, 2007

ANOTHER New Surgery Date



Today has not been a great day. I went to pick up my car that was being worked on. I put Molly into the car seat and further injured her leg. It was bad enough that I decided we needed to get an X-Ray. I also called the orthopaedic surgeon in Omaha to see if there was any way to move up the surgery date (if he thought that was appropriate).

We got the X-Ray and it seems to be a fracture of her Tibia. They helped us make a splint and we're hoping that will help.

I put her in the car to head home and the door wouldn't close (that's what it was in for all weekend). This is the 5th plus time that they have tried to fix the problem. It is hard when your new vehicle is one more thing to be worrying about. If anyone knows about the Lemon Law details... please pass them on. This door has been acting up since we bought the car (brand new). The timing couldn't have been worse today though. Thankfully, after about 20 minutes of working on it (with Molly screaming at me) I was able to get it closed and head home.

Now for some good news... we were able to change her surgery date to April 13 (next Friday). Yes, Friday the 13th. A lucky day in our family. Molly was born on Friday the 13th, as was my brother (actually Friday April 13th). My parents were married on the 13th, and my Grandmother and Aunt were born on the 13th. I'm hoping this is the good luck that we need for her surgery.

I have already changed our flights, hotel, etc. We used Southwest and you don't have to pay to change your ticket (unless the new ticket is more expensive), which was a nice surprise.

I keep fluctuating between thinking that 11 days is very soon and thinking it isn't soon enough. This was definitely the earliest that we can do the surgery in Omaha, so now we just have to hope that it is soon enough. So, everyone think good thoughts for Molly a week from Friday (around noon).

We will work on posting some new photos, but there is a new video that is a MUST SEE of Molly "talking" CLICK HERE

No comments: