Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Packing Up and Heading Out

Ugh, we are EXHAUSTED!! We have had some long nights with her this past week or so. Jim worked until 12:30 last night. We are so very tired.

We are in the midst of organizing and packing up our things for our big trip. We have one suitcase and Molly has 3. There is just SO much STUFF to bring for an 8 day trip.

We will be flying to Omaha tomorrow, settling in on Thursday and then heading to surgery on Friday. I have been so busy getting ready I really haven't taken the time to stop and think about what I am getting ready for. I know I will have hours and hours to think about what we are doing while she is in surgery. There is no question that she needs the surgery, and there is no question that Dr. Esposito is one of the best, so that should help while we sit and wait for somewhere between 10 and 12 hours. The surgery itself takes somewhere between 6-8 hours, assuming that he is able to do both legs in one surgery.

We also got a call yesterday from the hospital. They were able to find a surgeon to do the port surgery, so she will also be getting a port on Friday. I think that this is going to be a good thing for Molly.

My Mom will be keeping the blog up to date while we are in Omaha.

We are about to undertake the scariest thing we have ever had to go through in our lives. Any emails would be welcome and encouraged. It is nice to read well-wishes when you are in such a stressful situation. I probably won't write back, but I assure you they will all be read and appreciated.

You can email us at: sksullivan8 ( at yahoo.com). Sorry for the funny way of writing the address, but otherwise we will get lots of SPAM for products and services we do not want.

Thanks in advance for keeping Molly in your thoughts this Friday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are all keeping all of you in our thoughts (and prayers if applicable) and will be sending lots of positive vibes to you all this Friday. I know this is undoubtedly a stressful event that is likley also scary (as any surgery can be), but this will definitely be best for Molly and it should help to know that she will be in such good hands. Friday the 13th is usally a lucky day for me, and even more so when my birthday falls on it, so we have that on our side. All I want for my birthday is a positive outcome and a speedy recovery for my favorite kid! Keep your head up and know y'all will be in the forefront of my thoughts.

Love, Tripp

Unknown said...

sending strong and positive vibes you guys from la. however, long it seems to last, it WILL be over. i am sure molly will be a trooper. there's a lot of good stuff in that little girl. i am sure she will come through her operation w/ flying colors! lots of love to you all!