Friday, April 13, 2007

Out of the Operating Room

Molly is out of the operating room and currently in the recovery room. It will be at least another hour before we will get to see her, but the surgeon has assured us that things went well and that she is doing OK.

He was able to rod all four leg bones, which was the outcome we were hoping for in an ideal world. We are anxious to see her, but can breathe a little easier knowing that she is in recovery.

According to the surgeon we have a rough couple of nights ahead of us, but by the 3rd day she should be doing better.

I can't wait to go and see her, but I am also quite apprehensive to see her in pain with lots of tubes and bandages. I know that in the long run this was the best thing we could do for her and we will have to keep that in mind as we go through a few difficult days.

Thank you to everyone for your emails, thoughts and phone calls. They have made today a lot easier for us and I know that Molly has benefited from everyone's thoughts and prayers.

We will continue to keep you posted as things progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for letting people in on your life with Mollie. My thoughts are with you as you do all that you are to improve her life. It's very hard, I know.
I admire you. Of course, I always have!
It's important for you to keep up your strength--both physical and emotional for her, so I hope you are taking care of your self.
I'm thinking of you all.
Sincerely,
Sally (Knight) Mackenzie